Sunday, January 29, 2012

Home a week

Well I have been home a whole week and it feels as if it was a lifetime ago. School is back in earnest with full days and lunch at school (I have a new lunch bag courtesy of Macy's) so that was fun.
This weekend Dad and I went to the beach to see mum who has been there for the week. It was nice weather and I took some stitching but ended up making a ball for my sister in law Cathy and trying out a new pattern today. Not certain if I will make another one or even teach it but it was fun using some different colours. have to think about how the bottom will be finished.



Purl Soho - nice shop lower manhattan
Just thought I would put a couple of pictures from new york on here for all to see. We went to the 9/11 memorial site - very security conscious and long way to walk but it will be incredible when all the new buildings are finished.

Stephanie with new World Trade Centre Tower 1 being built.
From the Empire state down to WTC Plaza
Empire State, WTC from Rockefeller Centre.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So jealous! I've been wanting to go to NYC for ages. Still haven't made the trip even though it's not far. I've been on the Purl Soho website a few times & would LOVE to visit the shop! Thanks for the pics!

Lesley from swap bot
http://byporchlight.blogspot.com