Monday, June 5, 2017

Busy two days

well the first two days at Disneyland are done. We started off earlish on Saturday morning and were grateful that we had done the mobility pass on the Friday night. This meant we could go stratight down Main Street, get our pass to Indiana Jones ride and go to the pirates. We walked stratight in and onto the ride. Just so fabulous and being refurbished with lots of changes for the new pirates movies.  Next stop was the jungle cruise, then Haunted Mansion and we then went back to do Indiana jones but it was closed for a problem. They let us get another pass for thunder mountain. We did Spalsh Mountain and I was pretty good at not hiding too much. A gentle trip around Pooh Corner and Thunder Mountain saw the morning nearly over. Shopping stops along the way back to Indiana Jones to find it still wasn't open. We then decided it was Dole Icecream and the Tiki Room, then time for lunch so a turkey leg at New Orleans Square was the order of the day and onto Fantasy Land. Another pass for Peter Pans Flight we then did Toad of Toad Hall, Snow White, and Its a small world while we were waiting. We were back at the motel about 4.30 ready to go to the baseball.
A great taxi ride and we were at Angels Stadium ready for the game of the century it was to play out. We found some food, our seats and settled into the evening. We had lovely neighbours that we both angels and twins fans so it was interesting and we cheered for all equally. Alberto Pujols was the star of the evening as he scored his career 600th home run and also had fully loaded bases when he did it. Only nine other players have 600 home runs so a special night. Due to this the game went until about 10.45 pm as we had fireworks to celebrate at the end as well. A long wait for our taxi home we finally got there about 11.30 so it was after midnight to get to bed.
Sunday - a slow start including doing the washing and having the complimentary breakfast which was yummy.
Back to the park and we found the entire concourse filled with people trying to get into California Avenue so we decided to hit Disneyland again and headed towards tomorrow land. Great organising we ended up with two passes to Star Tours but that was really fun as it was different each time. We blasted our way badly around Buzz Lightyear amidst lots of giggles and then went onto space mountain. This was great fun. We visited how to train a Jedi and had a salad for lunch. A much slower pace today as we interspered some shopping side trips event though we didn't buy much. After a really bad drive around Autotopia - we both would have failed our driving test we headed off to Storybookland and our next pass. Some more of the fantasyland rides were done, including Dumbo's elephants, Casey Jr railroad and the Carousel of course, unfortunately Mary Poppins had just got off.  We traversed our way down Main Street, going via the Ice Cream Parlour for another ice cream. I had rainbow sherbet which was great. Out of the park and then to downtown Disney where we spent some time looking at goodies to buy. A further wander down and we headed home after 5.30 pm. A short stop to post my postcards we decided to stop at Mimi's for dinner. No half portions any longer but we had a drink and a meal each which we did finish. A slow walk home and we settled in for a night in to catch up with tidying up and writing. Sonia rang home to see if all was well. Watched a movie and had an early night.


Stephanie said...

Where are the photos😀

Diane Lithgow said...

Well you know you are the photo person. I am not so good. They are on phone so will try tonight. Just got in from the light parade.

Maz said...

Exactly what I was going to say!!

Diane Lithgow said...

Did you see update

Maz said...

Well done

SRUN POR said...

I was very fortunate to be able to visit your page.