Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Getting Started

September has arrived and I have had some many ideas for the first page that I have spent time journaling them as I am trying to move into my new home as well. See my blog for the house on didi-house.blogspot.com
This month I have also been to an exhibition by my mum's cousin Janet which has her amazing dolls and other things with some embroidery - that she came to my night class to learn. It was really exciting to see her faces added to bodies and also that she has managed to use the stitches in miniature (not using wool and a crowbar needle).
I have experimented with printing the backgrounds for my pieces and have found that my printer is not too bad but I will have to get some white material as the calico turns everything a bit dull.
Tomorrow will be a scan for the second page so I can print the background and draft out the final version.

No comments: