Monday, June 28, 2021

Winter is upon us now!

The advent of winter in Stratford has brought with it some cold temperatures as the autumn season left with lots of rain. We have had several drops of snow on Egmont and this has come and gone with the changing from warm rain to cold nights. Last week the super blood moon was something I was going to watch but ended up sleeping through the time and missing it completely. We were exceptionally lucky to have very clear skies and seeing the reports from the night sky reserve in the South Island the sight would have been stunning.

On the stitching front things have been going well with my plans for stitching longer than the hours I have to stitch. I have started the ANZEG mystery stitch along and using stash threads and enhancing it with other stitches as only I can do. This has been fun to see what others are using on the dedicated facebook group. At the recent regional stitch day it was cool to see a number of members stitching theirs.
I have managed to stitch quite a bit in May and have started areas that belong to month 2 and 3.

The guild Wessex project is coming along and I am almost up to date but our pieces are going to the display at the Biennial Conference weekend in Wellington.




 

No comments: