Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back to stitching.

With the holidays over and not as much hand stitching done it has been a busy week at school with lots of changes to our phone system. Just when we think it is all going well it turns to custard.
I have managed to get some stitching done though with snap trays made for Lee and Sonia as well as one for mum to take to seminar. Also made some ATC cards for a swap. They all used tissue as the basis with embellishments. The paua series were fixed onto pellet vilene and then machine stitched a picture. I wasn't sure if it would work but had to use the old sewing machine, which worked out fine. I beaded the steam giving the impression of heat and punched a label to affix. The dress series was a tissue which had two printed layers. The first layer was stuck on across all three labels then the top layer trimmed, fixed on and coated. I then added the fringe and diamant├ęs. Thought they turned out well so hope that the recipients like them, for a swap bot swap.
 My ATC cards made. cannot turn picture around no matter how many times I save it.
 
Snap trays are my latest craze. These have been made for a variety of friends and the NZ piece (in right photo) for mum to take to seminar. Snappy bag in left photo has mum's piece of stitching incorporated in it as well. This weekend I hope to make a snappy bag and tray for me to take to Seminar.

No comments: