Monday, September 27, 2021

Another lockdown, another flurry of finished items.


Well just over a month ago we were going to have our embroidery meeting and suddenly we were in lockdown 4 stay at home. How many were taken by surprise at the swiftness of the lockdown and were you prepared for a lengthy stay at home event?

   
Hardanger Scissor case and needlebook - finished.
My stitching was certainly taken by surprise. It sat up, looked at me and said you have time, stitch me now. Unfortunately, it did not happen. I did finish a couple of small items, stitched the remainder of my guild project "Wessex Sampler", (thought about the finishing and decided I didn’t quite know what I was doing), sewed more masks and wheat bags as well as a stitch bob for myself. Magazines were reviewed with some since Level 3 finding a new home as  life has opened up. I even managed to complete about three days of card making which used a bit more of the stash and was a relaxing way to have a three day weekend.

Mystery Sampler moving right along
Since I have been back at school, the mystery sampler has been looking at me and I have been busy stitching, changing the stitches and sorting out the colours. The power of the black and white photo is great when looking at tonal variety. It has been interesting to view the many finished ones online, and hopefully at the next conference we should have a great display. Many are finishing them as a bag pocket or cushion which is totally suitable.



Project bag - partially made from recycled laundry bag.
Another thing i have been trying to improve is my sewing skills and making project bags. My friend makes really lovely ones and I have been the recipient on several occasions. This is my attempt at making one with a see through front using a recycled laundry bag. It took a lot of undoing before it was finished.

Fruit paste version 2 - Citrus and apple
Also this year I have been using excess fruit in making fruit paste to have with cheese and crackers, mostly becuase I no longer have jam and toast for breakfast. The first lot was feijoia and apple - this is citrus and apple. Very tasty as mum and I had some at the weekend. I am also trying to use scraps of linen to make scissor fobs for sale and this is one that is quite nice to stitch and bead.

Scissor fobs - for sale.



 Diane

No comments: