Sunday, July 24, 2011

Snow Day

The most amazing morning today. the whole country is in the grip of the weather and this is what has happened overnight in Stratford. I can only remember about half this amount when I was about 14 years old. Marilyn (2kms away) has no power and about half as much snow as this. Alice in Dunedin evidently has had quite a lot and it was -6 degrees Celsius today in Dunedin. Our temperature is about 6 - 7 deg Celsius.
Oh what fun and I am pleased no school today.
Diane
No longer the "land of the long white cloud" - now "the land of the long white snow" - New Zealand.
The front garden - note my cute sculpture that I have.

Down the street. Most amazing

The view when I opened the curtains this morning.

Towards the mountain which is only 10 Km away

Across the road from my house.
Embroidery / Holiday plan notes:
Lots of inspiration in the winter snow for July BJP.
Colourific is being assembled with the face applied now and only a bit of painting to be done.
Cornpad notebook cover is being snail trail stitched all over and it certainly makes it come together.
Tarte Tartin was made yesterday and I was mildly pleased. Will have to try again to make it better. The caramelizing did not happen well.
Diane

2 comments:

Robin said...

Unexpected snow is always such a delightful shock! Delightful, that is, if it doesn't stick around toooooooo long and if you don't have to drive in it toooooooo much. Pretty! Thanks for the pictures... looks good to me on a hot summer day ;>}

pam said...

It looks loevely to me. Enjoy the excuse to stay in and stitch