Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Inspiration Sorted

Just a short post today to say that I will be asking friends, colleagues and even acquaintances about their favourite song or words from a song to use as the inspiration for the pages this year. I have had a late start with being away and having visitors so have only emailed the first friend today.
I purchased a special visual diary which I am going to use to put all these pages in and so will be able to keep them together. Last year's journal pages will be mounted onto a wall hanging so needing to complete that as well. The size will be kept at 10 cm by 7.5 cm either portrait or landscape orientation depending on the theme of the piece.
Yesterday I walked to Onehunga and stopped at a patchwork shop. I purchased a book on maiking fabric backgrounds and embellishments so will use this to make some of the backgrounds for me to use.

1 comment:

SusanR said...

Hi Didi -

I like your idea for your journaling this year. I'm also part of the BJP. My husband and I are on our way to NZ and will arrive on Jan 27th. Where are you in NZ? I would love to meet you and visit. OUr itinerary is very flexible at this point. We've rented a car and have booked our first few nights.

My email address is susan@mermaidsjewelz.com. Hoping to hear from you.
Best regards, Susan Rochlin